Saturday, May 1, 2010

Received CCSVI or Jugular Angioplasty on April 27, 2010 as treatment for MS

Hello Everyone, This is my first blog. I am here to write about my experience with CCSVI for MS. I had both of my Jugular Veins scanned via ultra sound on April 26Th. It was clear to anyone's eye that they were both blocked. Next the Dr. sent me to an MRV scan which is like a MRI but of the veins. This scan showed the same thing 2 blocked jugular veins. The next day they took me in for an angioplasty of the jugular veins. I was awake for the procedure with intravenous sedatives. The procedure was a little un comfortable. When they used the balloon to open my veins I could feel the air up each side of my face which caused a terrible headache like pain for about 5 mins on each side. The procedure took two hours. I was told that the blood pressure through the jugular veins should be between 40-50. Mine was 260 on one side and 300 on the other. Due to the blockage my blood had to push much harder to get to the brain or to drain from the brain. My amazing Dr. opened my veins back up to a 40. It has been 4 days since my liberation and I am still a little sore in my neck as well as my leg/groin area where the entered with the catheter.

Here is a little bit about my MS. I was diagnosed with RRMS in Jan of this year. So I have only had one attack and that attack happened in Jan. i only have 3 lesions two on the brain one on the spine all very small. I opp ed out of taking any MS drugs. My Dr. said because of how new my MS is it will take 6 months to a year to tell if the treatment has helped me. So I plan to blog on my progress and most of all help others to find there liberation. Thanks for reading Tisa

14 comments:

  1. OMG Tisa! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I will keep you in my prayers!!!!

    xoxo
    Lisa Ritter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. Your wedding was beautiful you looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tisa, you are such an amazing woman! I am here to help and support you through your treatment and any future treatments you may have. Please do not hesitate to call me for anything. I will be there for you no matter what! I am sure you have an amazing team of doctors to guide you through this scary time. You are extremely lucky to have your supportive family and husband by your side! Please keep us all updated on your progress. If you do any sort of charity to help raise money for MS, please let me know I would love to be involved. Love ya honey and keep your head up! You have so much to live for. XOXO

    ~ Suzie Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzie. I will be starting some kind of something to raise money and help others soon. My mom is going to help me get the word out. As soon as we get it set up I will let you know and would love for you to help. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a intelligent woman who had this procedure performed so early on with your MS. It seems that CCSVI is present even early on with MS and could be the actual cause of MS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I know. I wish the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope with this procedure your ms never progresses. I had the angioplasty twice in a month period because of restenosis. I feel so much better after the angioplasty. I have had MS for 12 years .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a beacon, Tisa! Thanks for sharing and caring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a champ. Keep updating, you are in our prayers.

    Steve and Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tisa, what you are doing is wonderful girl. Bravo.
    Check out my blog whenever you feel like it.
    www.fightforccsvi.blogspot.com
    It s a bit spicy but still, it s worth the read.
    Everything is going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are fortunate to have such a forthcoming doctor who suggested this for you. You should present your wonderful testimonial to mainstream media so that they can support ccsvi and its relation to MS. Your story is very important since you were in the early or preliminary stages of MS.

    Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neelie, I am fortunate that my mother is great frineds with the Dr. who performed it. He is a cardiovascular surgeon. But he did his ccsvi research before he worked on me. My mother has a large involvement in charity work, she plans to help me spread the word through her media contacts. My Dr. is meeting the heads of hospital tomorrow to try and open up ccsvi to the public here in Arizona. I will keep you all posted

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tisa,

    I know you don't really know me... I met you once at one of Megan's b-days. I think it was her 16th. Anyway, I'm Sheena and your experience is really inspiring. I'm so glad that Phil could find you some info. I know how important you are to the Schaechers (which kinda automatically means you are important to me) and I am excited to hear about you progress. You are definitely in my prayers.

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Sheena that means a lot. God bless you

    ReplyDelete