Monday, June 14, 2010

Note to Patients with Stents

I am not trying to say stents are horrible. Nor am I trying to say anything bad about Dr. Dake. I have a lot of respect for Dr. Dake. All I am saying is that now Dr. Dake has told my Dr. not to use stents until they can develop one for the veins. I am sorry if my information was wrong about plavix. That is what I was told. But still baby aspirin is a blood thinner and you do have to take it for the rest of your life. It is also impossible to remove the stent, it is there for the rest of your life as well.

There is also the azygos vein, where stints can be placed. I am just referring to the jugulars right now. I am also referring to what Zambonni said about Not using stints until there is one that is developed for the vein. Thanks

2 comments:

  1. no you don't have to take asprin or blood thinners the rest of you life.
    the FDA has approved venous stents as far back as the mid 70's when DVT was first being treated.
    Stents not stints
    Zamboni didn't say that at all, as he knows there are venous stents available by many makers and in many sizes, the doctor placing them needs to know how to properly measure a vein and check twice to make sure he's using 2mm larger inorder for it to stay in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's strange, because the last time I saw Zambonni speak at a press confrence, he said " no stents". I know how to spell stents thanks the auto spell check on my blog changes it to stints.

    ReplyDelete